Friday 21 November 2008

Front Cover Photoshoot


School Magazine Photoshoot
I found this lesson the most entertaining and thought provoking because I experimented with a range of pictures, even though I found it very difficult to take a medium close up picture, because my model, Nick, had to play basketball, jumping to throw a ball into the hoop, so the picture would look very blurry if I had taken a medium close up. I had asked my model and substitute model to wear black and white specifically for the shoot because I did not want the clothes to attract the reader, but the model’s facial expressions and emotions. However, I wanted my image to match my magazine’s name Xpress, expressing feelings or talents, which is why I took a picture of him jumping and playnig basketball. The connotations of the basketball image are expressing happiness, excitement and freedom, jumping and reaching ambitions and goals.

No comments: