Friday 16 January 2009

Questionnaire and Analysis and Masthead Research

Questionnaire
Music Magazine

1. What type of music magazine would you purchase?
RnB= Indie= Pop= Foreign/Cultural=

2. How much would you pay for your music magazine?
Up to £1.00= Up to £2.00= Up to £3.00=

3. What age group would you categorise your magazine in?
16-24= 25-39= 40+=

4. What promotional features would you prefer to get with the magazine?
CD= Calendar= Poster= Wristband= Voucher=

5. What colours on the front cover are you attract to?(Please circle as many as you want)
Blue Green Black&White Red Purple Pink Yellow Gold Silver

6. What would you like to see in your music magazine?
(Please circle as many as you want)
Interviews Horoscopes Posters/Images Celebrity Autograph Concert Dates

7. Which artists would you prefer to see on the front cover of your music magazine?
Lil Wayne= Green Day= Britney Spears= Miley Cyrus= X Factor Contestants=

8. Which do you prefer?
Fortnight= Monthly=


What type of music magazine would you purchase?



I asked this question because I wanted to identify the most popular genre of music amongst a range of people and it had obviously come up as RnB. The impact it has on my magazine is that I now know that people prefer RnB to Foreign and Cultural, so I know that I should base my magazine on RnB.
How much would you pay for you music magazine?




I asked this question because I want to place the price of the magazine on my front cover, so I want to choose a price that people would agree with and actually purchase. The impact this has on my magazine is that I know that I should choose a reasonable price that does not exceed the limit.
What age group would you categorise your magazine in?

I want my magazine to have a target audience, so I want to know what age group to aim it at. The impact this will have on my magazine is that I will know what type of editorial to use on my front cover and which colours and artists to use on my front cover.

What promotional features would you prefer to get with your magazine?





To attract readers to purchase the magazine, most music magazines like NME use promotional features to lure readers and to gain core buyers.

What colours on the front cover are you attracted you?

Colours are an important issue which is why I gave a range of colours for my questionnaire audience to choose, to see which colours they prefer, primary colours or secondary and bold colours like gold and silver.

What would you like to see in your music magazine?





To sell the magazine and create its target audience, I need to include articles and kickers and explanatory lines to attract the reader’s eye. Horoscopes have proven to be the most popular within the other options, even though this is a music magazine. The impact this will now have on my magazine is that I will be inputting articles that will intrigue and interest the core buyers.

Which artists would you prefer to see on the front cover of your music magazine?
I chose to ask this question mainly because I want to decide what to base my magazine on. I have chosen to create an Indie style magazine, influenced by NME magazine, with all the same key themes. Lil Wayne has proven to be the most popular, however, Green Day is not far behind, meaning I can intertwine these two types of genres into one magazine possibly.

Which do you prefer?

A magazine is distributed and sold either weekly or monthly. A weekly magazine has its benefits of bringing gossip and news every week, however if there is not enough news to publish, some of it can be unreliable and made up, meaning monthly magazines can be more reliable and efficient, having more news and gossip to publish in the space of one month. Monthly has proven to be more popular amongst the questionnaire results, which is why I have chosen to create a monthly magazine.
Masthead Research

No comments: