Friday 20 March 2009

Front Cover Draft With Commentary and Mood Board





For my front cover, I chose Pierre as my model, for many reasons. Firstly, he studies Drama and Music Technology at AS level, so is familiar with the codes and conventions of the music world. Also, because he is a fan of Grime music, it fits in the set criteria for my magazine Fast Forward.




I chose a medium shot angle, with Pierre's head slightly tilted so that it gives off the laid-back and relaxed look that I want Pierre to have.
I chose to airbrush the background black, to focus all the attention on the artist/model. Also, I have chosen an LCD font called "Digital Dream" for my masthead, to emphasise the title's meaning and the way it is always seen on the stereo.



I have included a specific type of mode of address for my target audience, boys and girls aged 16-29, using kickers such as " Win Kid Cudi Tickets" which is inclusive to all Grime music fans.


Moodboard

No comments: